What causes nonerosive reflux disease?
Could be due to Nonerosive reflux disease
Welcome and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern.
Usually GERD produces inflammatory changes in the esophagus and since your gastroenterologist didn't see the signs of inflammation, concluded that you do not have GERD. However there is an entity Nonerosive reflux disease where there are no visible changes.
Try the following and see if it brings relief. Avoid acidic and spicy food, aerated or caffeinated beverages, go to bed on an empty stomach ( no food or fluid for 2 hours before bed time , a prokinetic Metoclopramide and a PPI 2 hrs before bedtime. If these bring you relief, then it is due to acid reflux without obvious GERD appearance on endoscopy.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes acid reflux disease
- Vesicoureteric reflux disease causes
- What is the treatment for laryngopharyngeal reflux disease
- What is acid reflux disease symptoms
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease gerd causes
- Kidney reflux disease causes
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease causes
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease causes
- Laryngeal reflux disease causes
- Bile reflux disease causes
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?