What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
I attach recent pictures
Provide more information
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic
I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query. I have also seen the pictures.
I can see multiple well defined erosions in on the glans as well as undersurface of prepuce. I would keep a possibility of Herpes Genitalis.
I would like to gather more information from you in order to be able to guide you better
-Have they appeared for the first time?Or have they appeared in the past as well?
-Tell me about your sexual history, Do you have single or multiple sexual partners?Do you use a protection?
-When was your last sexual contact?
Here more information:
- Yes, they appeared for the first time
- I have multiple sexual partners
- I use always protection for vaginal penetration but not always for oral sex
- My last sexual contact was on 26 July
Thanks for the additional information
Looks like herpes genitalis to me. Almost all the STD's can be transmitted by unprotected oral sex, including herpes.
For the present episode I would suggest an oral antiviral e.g Acyclovir 400 mg, thrice daily for a week
Topically you may apply mupirocin ointment, twice daily.
I would suggest you to get a blood test for herpes (hsv elisa)as well as hiv, syphilis. It is a wise decision to get tested after unprotected sexual encounter, oral or vaginal or anal.
I have already started to take Acyclovir
I have two new short questions for you:
- If it is herpes, in how many days the symptoms should disappear?
- Would you completely rule out the possibility that they are genital warts?
-The erosions should heal in about 5-7 days. Topically you may apply an OTC antibacterial e.g either mupirocon or neosporin ointment, twice daily.
-These are erosions whereas warts are raised lesions.
I've been taking the treatment that you recommended me and I think it has been effective.
I attach pictures from today.
Do you think the evolution is correct?
And also two new questions:
- In the pictures you can see I have very visible veins, are they varicose veins? is this some kind of disease?
- Since yesterday I have been prescribed oral cortisone for inflammation in the Eustachian tube, can be cortisone a problem for herpes?
Herpes has healed nicely
Thanks for the follow up. The pictures show that it has healed up nicely.
The veins are normal. They are just a little superficial and it makes them more visible. Nothing abnormal about it.
Cortisone is an oral steroid. As your episode has already healed therefore a short course of cortisone should not create any problem. No contraindication for using it. However, herpes may recur otherwise as well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of zits on penis
- What is the cause of dry and itchy penis
- What causes itchy inflammed penis with tight foreskin
- What causes itchy red rash on the penis
- What causes itchiness in penis
- What causes itchy spots on penis
- Cause of painless non-itchy bump on penis
- What causes itchiness in penis and testicles every night
- What causes itchy scratch marks on penis
- What causes itching in penis