What causes noises from stomach?
Laparoscopic surgery should be considered.
Thank you for the query.
It seems that your symptoms are a part of GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). There is not pain, because you take PPIs (proton pump inhibitors which is Dexilant). As you have hiatal hernia, this may be the main source of all your symptoms.
And as medicines seems to not give complete relief, I suggest you to consult a surgeon and consider laparoscpic surgery to fix hiatal hernia (it is called Nissens fundoplication).
Before this procedure, GI consult is a good choice. 24 hours esophageal pH monitoring should be done before the decision about the surgery will be done.
Please note that this kind of surgery can give complete relief if other solutions have failed.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Would this be by an ENT Doc or the GI Doc or someone with your background?
Thanks in advance,
GI (gastroenterologist) would be the best choice. He should decide either to do mentioned test or to consult surgeon.
Thank you again, XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes stomach discomfort
- What causes upset stomach
- What causes constant hungriness and bubbling noise in the stomach
- What is causing rumbling noise in stomach after eating
- What causes gargling noise in stomach before eating
- What causes a weak stomach
- Std that cause stomach noise
- Solpadol cause stomach noises
- What causes gas in stomach
- What causes lot of noise from stomach