• question-icon

What causes no vaginal discharge during pregnancy?

Posted on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 in Women's Health
Question: I am 4 to 5 weeks pregnant i dont have any vaginal discharge so is tht normal
N got these acnes on nose
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
During early pregnancy it is not necessary to have an increase in the vaginal discharge. This varies from person to person. It is normal to have an increase in acne on your face or pigmentation on your face due to the hormonal changes during pregnancy.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
N in morning i get dark yellow color urine but as the day passes it gets clear white . Today m
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
That is also normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The dark yellow colored urine indicates a concentrated urine due to lesser fluid intake. Increasing your fluid intake will decrease the color of urine. This is a normal finding and is not suggestive of any pathology.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 hours later
My hair is fallung a lot is it normal during first trimester n i hv got thyroid is it related to thr??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The falling hair could be due to nutritional deficiency caused by the pregnancy or due to thinning of hairs caused by thyroid imbalance. Proper supplements and a regular massage will help in decreasing the problem.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
I suddenly got diahrrea it wont create any problems hd chick peas fr dinner m worried
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Take fluids and probiotics.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The diarrhea can be due to chickpeas or gas and indigestion. It is best to have a light and easy to digest food. You can have banana and yogurt for symptomatic relief. make sure that you take adequate fluids orally.
In case the diarrhea is persistent then you can take Lomotil or Lomofen for symptomatic relief. This is likely to subside in next 2-3 days.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
I cant take medicines as pregnant nor probiotics i just wanted to know wony affect my pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Will not affect pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The medicines I mentioned are safe for use in pregnancy. Diarrhea will not affect your pregnancy if you keep your fluid intake adequate.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Is the left sideline or darker line the hcg line
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Right side(T) line is HCG line.

Detailed Answer:
The darker line on the right side marked as T is the test line that indicates the pregnancy. The line marked as C is the control line.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 hours later
I am 5 weeks 4 days pregnant got little brown spotting this morning didnt need liner or pad for few mins just worried is it sign of any problem
Brief Answer:
Can be threatened abortion

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The little brown bleeding could be due to a threatened abortion or an implantation bleeding. You can get your serum HCG levels tested or a TVS scan done to detect the fetal viability.
Do consult your gynecologist if the bleeding continues.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 minutes later
It just came fr few mins n gone n my hcg levels r 12500
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be implantation bleeding.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The HCG levels at 12500 are normal for your gestation. This indicates a viable pregnancy. You need to take rest and start with progesterone supplements for placental support after consulting your gynecologist.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
How long does this implantation bleeding last for??
Brief Answer:
Just for a day or two.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
The implantation bleeding is usually a light and short spotting that subsides on its own in 2-3 days without any treatment. You do not need to use a pad for it since the bleeding is only slight.
Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Its this kind of discharge if i go loo i get this i hope nothing to worry pls help asap
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not worrisome.

Detailed Answer:
Just a mild discharge on going to toilet is not worrisome. This will stop on its own in a day or two. In case it persists then you can get some progesterone supplements prescribed from your gynecologist.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN