What causes night sweats,dry nostrils and dry upper throat?

Dr. T Shobha Deepak

Posted on Mon, 30 Jun 2014 in General Health
Question: Have not been feeling right for some months now , really bad night sweats where I continue to sweat on face and heat in it for a short time after I wake up to feed little one in early hours. Generally just feel unwell, had blood tests, function tests nothing shows up. For lat few months when I go out and about I have started to get a sweat like feeling either side of nose but no sweat, feeling of flushing to face and feeling very sick sometimes when I bend over to do something,and really dry irritated nostrals which have now sort of spots in which fill up with puss (been using bactroban for) also dry upper throat when talking , stuffy nose , sore ears and itermittent numness round nose. Think sinus area affected two, please can some one help

And viginal thrush I can not shift.
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
To rule out Excess Thyroid hormone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Dear Ms

Let's analyse your symptoms.

1. Sweating: Especially during night and feeling of inappropriately hot with relation to surrounding, possibility of excess Thyroid hormone needs to be considered and ruled out.
Have you undergone Thyroid function test which includes Serum T3, T4 and TSH?

2. Nasal problem:

I would like to have additional information about it
a) Are you able to smell properly?
b ) Has any examination of nose and paranasal sinus been done by ENT Surgeon or your Physician?

From the description given so far possibility of vasomotor rhinitis and chronic atrophic rhinitis needs to be considered and ruled out thorough examination.
Taking steam inhalation preferably using a electronic steamer for 15 minutes each session thrice a day will be helpful for nasal and flushing of face issues.
Also excessive thyroid hormones needs to be ruled out as the cause.

Do get back to me.

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD