What causes night sweats?
Thyroid disease must be ruled out...
Thank you for the question and thank you for visiting this site.
In reviewing your prior questions looking for common threads, I do see that you are treated for thyroid disease. Please answer the following questions:
1. What medication do you take?
2. What is the dose?
3. When is the last time you adjusted the dose?
4. When is the last time you had your thyroid labs checked?
5. What time of day do you take these medications?
Please answer these questions and I will try to help you.
Ive been taking the meds on time and as I should for the past two weeks. Prior to that I wasnt keeping up with taking the medication as I should and I missed a lot of days off and on for about a month. But for the past two weeks, I'm back on schedule, taking 1 pill every morning before breakfast. Can HYPOthyroidism cause night sweats? I thought only HYPERthyroidism did that.
Poor control of thyroid disease is possible...
I understand that it can be hard to remember to take the pill every day at the same time. You are not alone and do not punish yourself for this. But, in patients with hyper OR hypothyroidism, poor control can lead to a variety of symptoms with a lot of overlap of symptoms as well. Yes, you could have "temperature instability" just as you have described related to the irregular pattern of pill use prior to two weeks ago. Here is what should happen:
1. Continue to take the pills at the same time daily
2. You could consider taking these in the evening instead of the morning
3. You need to have labs checked in 2-3 weeks and the dose adjusted if needed
You really cannot make any conclusions about the symptoms you are experiencing until you get this sorted out.
This is not a specific sign of cancer
There are more women with night sweats and no cancer than those who have cancer. Do not make such assumptions or you will drive yourself crazy. I would suggest that you re-read my answer and consider following those instructions as I believe that you will find a much simpler solution.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats after gallstone surgery
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes excessive night sweats