What causes night sweats and hot flashes?
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Your symptoms are typical of perimenopause / post menopause .
Are you still having your periods ?
As different antidepressants have already been tried by you, I strongly recommend HRT ( hormone replacement therapy )
It will make a noticeable difference to these issues.
Please consult your doctor regarding starting of HRT.
Avoid caffeine , alcohol, spicy food which trigger hot flashes.
Dress in layers and keep ambient temperature quite cool.
Yoga and meditation go a long way in alleviating these symptoms.
Regular exercise is a must.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.
Hormones are not a cure, but a help to tide over a particular phase.
If lifestyle modifications do not work for you, and symptoms are unbearable, consider hormones, that is what I would recommend.
Multiple myeloma has not been proven to have any association with hormones, you can safely take them for a short time if your symptoms are unrelenting.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cervical cancer night sweats hot flashes spotting
- Will estrace and prometrium help hot flashes and night sweats
- Night sweats hot flashes cough chest pain
- Hot flashes or night sweats after appendectomy
- Hot flash on forehead what caused this
- Hot flashes and night sweats whats wrog with me
- What causes chills and hot flashes
- What hormone causes hot flashes
- Hot flashes and night sweats
- Hot flashes and nights sweats with champix