What causes night sweats after removing, tonsils, adenoids and a septoplasty?
Hyperhidrosis, Needs evaluation for the likely cause. Multiple causes
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Drenching sweats enough to wet your bed sheets and clothes , if not affected by the room temperature or overheating or use of excessive blankets etc, then needs correlation and work up for the cause as none of your history neither tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and arthritis explains that.
It could be the cause of some infection like brucellosis, tuberculosis, syphilis, some hormonal imbalance like thyroid hormones or hormone replacement or OCPs if any in use. it could also be to the monoclonal antibody symponi as that may cause it too.
Low blood sugars may also cause that . Hormonal evaluation specially thyroid and other metabolic evaluation. Anxiety may also cause that. Painkillers like naproxen, acetaminophen or simple ibuprofen also cause that.
If the sweating also called Hyperhidrosis not sorted out for cause then it is idiopathic labelled and is managed symptomatically. Many options like Anti cholinergic medicines, potassium permanganate kMNO4, 2 to 5 % of tannic acid, boric acid, formaldehydes and resorcinols etc are some of the conservative options doctor prescribe for it. Botulinum Toxin has also proved helpful and is practised quite often. Surgical sympathectomies and radiofrequency ablations are some of the interventional procedures practised quite often.
talk to a doctor and let them sort it out for you and find the likely cause.
I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hoarseness shortness of breath and night sweats what are causes
- What causes severe night sweats
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats after gallstone surgery
- What causes night sweats and swollen ankles
- What causes night sweats shaking lightheadedness and weakness
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes excessive night sweats
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation