What causes nerve twitches in lower lip?
Faulty nerve conduction
Thanks for your query.
Due to deficiency in vitamins like Vit B 12, nerve sheath becomes weak and results in conduction defects. Such conduction defects leads to twitches or numbness in the area of supply.
If you do not have such symptoms in any other parts, then there is no need to worry. Taking multivitamin supplements will help to get rid of the same and maintain good health in nerves.
Hope, I answered your query.
Wish you good health.
Thanks for writing back.
Herpes zoster could be one such sexually transmitted infection which can affect the nerves and present this way. In here there would be severe pain or burning sensation associated with twitches and blister.
You may have to take antiviral medications to treat the same. I suggest you once consult a dermatologist who after examining you can rule out Herpes zoster.
Meanwhile do continue multivitamins as they are essential for nerve health in any cause.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nerve twitching in front of shinbone
- Constant sciatic nerve twitching
- Nerve twitching near the temple
- Nerve twitch in left temple
- What causes my nerve twitch in my temple
- Nerve twitching in thumb pregnant
- What causes stomach pain with nerve twitching in stomach
- Nerve twitching in my upper lip
- Nerve twitches causes
- Nerve twitching in lip after dental work