What causes necrotic circular lesions on the lower leg near a wound?
Needs laboratory investigations, Doppler, Anti inflammatory and antibiotic
Thanks for the query.
She needs to get a Rheumatoid panel of investigations like CRP, ESR, ALSO, Anti dS DNA, culture of the wound swabbings for Mycobacteria, streptococci needs to be done.
Also she needs to get a Doppler of the lower limbs arteries and veins to look for vasculitic narrowing.
Limb elevation, antibiotic such as Tablet Augmentin 650mg twice a day and anti inflammatory such as Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg twice a day for 5 days after meals need to be taken. Regular dressing of the wounds needs to be done.
She may need steroid therapy in the setting of vasculitis did which the laboratory investigations and Doppler can help to decide.
I hope I have answered your query.
I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Aashish Raghu
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes redness in lower leg
- What causes fluid emmision from lower leg
- What causes purplish tinge on wounds
- What causes lesions on legs
- What causes swellingpain and discoloration in lower leg
- What causes swelling around dog bite wound
- What causes wound in tongue
- What causes recurrent wounds on back of thigh
- Causes of lesions on legs
- What causes spotty rashes on lower legs
- Suggest treatment for loss of movement in left arm post injury
- What causes stabbing pain behind left breast while breathing?
- Suggest treatment for knee pain
- What causes painful legs while walking in a person with peripheral...
- Is weight training advisable 2 weeks after a shot for trigger finger?
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in legs after exercising
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in the heels
- Suggest treatment for tibia pain, weakness and memory loss
- What causes severe discoloration and swelling in left leg?
- Suggest treatment for left-sided back and hip pain