• question-icon

What causes neck stiffness, dull headache and back pain?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have done a bit of looking online. I have a stiff neck, tongue feel funny almost like
something in back of throat, dull headache, back pains I think in the kidney area and
I am bloated kind of squishy in rib area but hard in lower pelvic area. Could not fit into my pants.
I am wondering....... I have been drinking a lot of roasted plant root tea. Read box and realize exceeding 3 cup does. Also i just started drinking caffeine, coffee past three days. Feeling somewhat sluggish. I did also take water pills and a new raspberry ketone vitamin and about four full days in to an over the counter menopause medicine (1 in am, 1 in pm) with black kohosh. Threw away box so dont know rest.
Too much information - is this of any use? Oh I have been getting hot then cold but cold with tingling skin. Than could be menopause. I generally eat healthy and walk. None of that has changed. I have felt very slight heart racing when in bed but seemed to complete my normal walk without incident. oh face feels flushed and is definitely bloated .if I have a question after the email will I be able to follow up?
or if there is any additional information will they ask me to reply?

If there is a solution or steps I can take at home that is the only way
likely. Impossible to get into my doctor even if serious. And hospitals
you wait forever. So I'd rather give anything a try first.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
A number of issues are present

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. As I can see you have a number of complaints. Taking a lot of caffeine as well as roast root team could give you headaches and I would insist you to cut down on the same. Taking paracetamol or acetaminophen can help in easing the headache.

Our gastrointestinal tract has a forward propulsive movement (peristalsis) that moves the food material forward as it is digested, absorbed and finally expelled as feces. If somehow this movement gets hampered, food along with the digestive juices would stagnate, stomach acid will reflux into the food pipe and on the other hand the bowel habits would not be proper. Degradation of undigested food in the intestines by the intestinal bacteria would lead to the excess gas formation.

In order to relieve yourself, you need to do the following:
* Avoid spicy food. Take small but frequent meals. Avoid long gaps between meals.
* Avoid alcohol intake (if it a part of your habit).
* Take Prilosec (omeprazole) once daily before breakfast.
* Take plenty of green leafy vegetables as well as other sources of dietary fibers. Take fiber supplements like isabgol/psyllium husk or senna. I would insist you to increase your dietary fiber intake.
* Regular morning walk and exercise to keep the bowel movements proper.
* Take curd or yogurt on daily basis. It contains beneficial bacteria and should help.
* Stress reduction has a very important role to play. Yoga and meditation should help.

The back pain and the neck stiffness could be due to muscle spasms which in turn could be related to electrolyte imbalance. I would insist you to increase total fluid (water) intake and to take plenty of ORS (oral rehydration solution) to replenish the lost fluids and salts. Take juicy fruits like citrus fruits. They contain plenty of potassium which should help in proper functioning of the muscles and could help.

Hopefully that should help. Let me know if you have fever or any other symptoms. Let me know if I could help further. You can feel free to generate a follow up query.

Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 48 minutes later
Thank You Dr. Prof. XXXXXXX Saha,

One other symptom which is very bothersome. A bit embarrassing; but, I
seem to have an all over body order or aura. Musky as if had not showered This is new. I have showered twice a day but feel as if I am not my usual. I also feel flushed sometime. And have very slight stinging sensations all over.
Could all of this be related to some reaction to something I have ingested again?
Perhaps nothing unusual it is just that my insides are out of balance and any slight heat that comes off our bodies is emitting something with that.
I do kind of smell like the root tea to be honest. I just thought I would mention. If it means something to you please let me know. If it means something to you please let me know. I believe I will go to sleep for the night but will check in the am.
I will follow your advice. Sounds as if I do I will reset my body function and be back to okay. This has been a very good experience.

I have had irritable bowl syndrome before so I do
understand some of the gastro. This feels slightly different.

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Try stopping the tea and see if it helps

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing back. Anything that we eat or drink changes the internal dynamics of our body. So it could be the roast root tea but you will have to stop it to see if that makes a difference.

In case of irritable bowel syndrome you might benefit from taking curd or yogurt on regular basis. Regular medication can keep the condition in control.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha