What causes neck pain, sore eyelids and itchy finger tips?

Question
Two days ago my neck was paining, now showing up the symptoms like sore eyelids corner with itchy, itchy in many parts of the body including finger tips, itchy throat and feeling choked.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sound like side effects of the medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and your symptoms seem to be related to the deworming medication (most probably containing the active ingredient mebendazole). I would like to first ask if you took this tablet on your own or was it prescribed by your doctor? If it was prescribed by your doctor, please report to your doctor immediately as this seems to be a side effect of the medication, but if you self-prescribed then please report to an ER (emergency room) to help you with these symptoms similar to a side effect of mebendazole or albendazole.

I hope you can reach medical personnel so they can help to relieve you of your symptoms. I also hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: What causes neck pain, sore eyelids and itchy finger tips? 2 hours later
Oh, I'm so sorry that I have not given a clear picture on this. The symptom started showing up before I took the dewarm tablet. I took the dewarm tablet around 6 months ago and repeated last night as instructed by a physician. I was getting the similar symptom sometime earlier (more than 8 months now) but that time I was treating for Antral Gastritis. What else could be the reason for these symptoms? Please let me know if any kind of test should be done to diagnose.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Few possibilities listed sir

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

Thank you for that added information sir. But I should let you know that your symptoms are quite vague, and if not related to the medication you took, there are a few condition that can cause such a presentation. Let me go ahead and list the most common ones out for you sir:

-Stress
-Panic attack
-Allergic reaction
-Acute stress reaction
-Hay fever
-Generalized anxiety disorder
-Supraventicular tachycardia
-Side effect of medication or substance consumed
-Liver abnormalities
and a few others sir.

I certainly do not think this has anything to do with worms in your system, but possibly one of the above conditions. Could you tell me if you suffer from anxiety, nervousness, easily panic, or any similar conditions so we can rule them out from our list of possible conditions. Also, were ECG (EKG) and a complete blood count ever conducted anytime in the near past sir? If they were, could you share the reports with me sir.

Thank you for the information sir. As mentioned earlier, your symptoms seem a little vague which is why I need as much information as possible to be able to help you further.

I look forward to your respected response in order to help you further. Please do not hesitate to write back to me regarding any other clarifications or with any information you have that can help me.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: What causes neck pain, sore eyelids and itchy finger tips? 2 days later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Brief Answer:
Borderline-high lipids, warrants lifestyle changes

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again sir.

I have gone through your attach report of your lipid profile. Your report indicates a borderline-high result. The results do not warrant the introduction of cholesterol-lowering medication, but it does indicate a chance of them being required in the future if you do not change your lifestyle:
-Introduce exercise in your daily regimen (at least 30 minutes of walking also will do)
-Reduce the intake of fatty/oily/fried food
-Reduce weight if overweight (you can provide me with your weight and height if you would like to know whether or not you need to lose weight)

For the time being, only the above instructions need to be followed sir. I hope I have explained things in a manner best understood by you. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help.

Best wishes.