What causes nausea,appetite loss and fatigue after taking Amoxicillin?
I have been taking 525mg of Amoxicillin twice daily for a sinus infection. I am on a 10 day course and have about 4 days left. Every time I take antibiotics I always feel nauseated, have a lack of appetite, low energy and just feel exhausted and sick. I feel worse since starting the antibiotics than I did before. I talked to a pharmacist who advised me to try taking probiotics with the Amoxicillin to help these symptoms. I have been taking probiotics but still don't feel any better. Is there anything I can do to help this? I know I should not stop taking them but I am just so sick and even unable to work due to how horrible I feel. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you I forgot to add that I am on day 7 of medication.
Thank you for the query.
Antibiotics very often cause side effects like nausea and feeling of sickness. Some persons just have such reaction on specific antibiotics and nothing can be done about that except choosing different antibiotic. Probiotic is a good advise, just remember to take it 30 minutes before or after antibiotic intake. You may to take antibiotic during the meals, this should also help with nausea.
Unfortunately nothing else can be done and either you will get through this 4 days or you as your doctor about antibiotic change.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Feeling fatigued after bowel movement what is causing this
- What causes fatigue and tiredness
- What causes fatigue and dizziness
- What causes appetite loss and fatigue
- What could be the cause for fatigue after menopause
- What causes fatigue after hysterectomy
- Fatigue and memory loss causes
- What causes nausea and fatigue
- What causes fatigue after bowel movement
- What causes hair loss sore breasts and fatigue