What causes nausea with headache and neck pain?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 4 Aug 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Question: hello, my wife has had a feeling of nausea all day.... she spoke of it this morning. also, she has had a severe headache and severe neck pain all day... dizziness and feeling of passing out.... she took two aleve a few hours ago... what you think?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Let her observe symptoms after Aleve!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear bout what your wife is currently experiencing. I have reviewed the information fully and for now, these symptoms do not point to any specific disease. Also, there is no alarming red flags that need to be addressed right away. Nausea, feeling of dizziness and passing out could be early signs of pregnancy but not sure if she is pregnant. Could you double check this with her?

I will recommend that she monitors her symptoms after taking Aleve. If the symptoms fail to regress, then she should get evaluated by her primary care doctor. A full exam and maybe laboratory investigations would be conducted and depending on the findings, a treatment plan would be established. If nothing abnormal is observed, she would be reassured and her symptoms managed knowing that there is nothing worrisome underneath at this time.

I hope this helps and guides towards approaching this problem. I wish your wife well and thank you so much for using our services. Please, feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.