What causes nausea with black stool?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 25 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi yes. My aunt is having these symptoms and I'd like your opinion of what might be going on. She started with nausea and now has progressed to being extremely weak, she looking blood somehow and has black tar stools. She lives in another state and I'm worried and can't find anything on Internet with her symptoms.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is urgent. Bleeding from the stomach is very possible.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

She needs to go to ER as soon as possible. Such symptoms clearly indicate bleeding from the stomach. It can be bleeding ulcer or stomach cancer. Black like a tar stools are very characteristic for this condition.

This is an urgent case. Should not wait.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Regards.