question-icon

What causes nausea when missed a dosage of Miralax?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: My Doctor had me one 3 doses of miralax a day, today he cut me back to just 2. I was taking the 3rd dose at 3:00 pm then we eat at 3:30 pm. Well after eating I got sick to my stomach and a little lite headed. Is this because I cut back on my doses.
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (9 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is certainly possible this is related to cutting back on your dose. Constipation can cause nausea (due to the backup of stool in the GI tract) and even lightheadedness (if you are dehydrated). However, it may be that this was coincidental, and just related to the food you ate, possibly viral gastroenteritis. I would wait a few days, and if the problem persists, that would speak against food poisoning, and I would increase the Miralax back to three times daily.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist