What causes nausea, vomiting and lightheadedness?

Dr. Nagamani Ng

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Head spinning in the morning, just as I wake up, accompanied with nausea and sometimes vomiting. First instance this happened was last week, now today. It can last up to four hours.
Answered by Dr. Nagamani Ng 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Check for blood pressure.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

There are few reasons at this age especially high blood pressure and the gastritis, anemia, hypoglycemia and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo(BPPV)

But in your case i feel it might be due to High or BPPV. Get an BP and blood glucose checked, if these are fine the you'll have to consult a ENT specialist to rule out BPPV.

Until the exact cause is ruled out treatment cannot be given correctly.

Any further query do get back.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj