What causes nausea, heavy feeling in uterus and frequent urination post intercourse?
The first date of my last period was 11th February. On the 21st Feb my husband and I had unprotected sex. Literally 24 hours later I started to feel nauseous and since then have had a heavy feeling in my uterus Not peeing more often however when I do go to the toilet I pee for like 3 mins. slightly more often . No other symptoms. I have been on cilest for 10 years and came off once to have my current daughter and then a few weeks ago. I have no idea if this is ovulating and am feeling it more because I'm off the pill. Or if It's likely that I am pregnant. I took a test today and it was negative. Help! So confused!
Pregnancy should be ruled out if you miss next period.
Hello, Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for writing to us.
Above said clinical symptoms may be due to sudden sexual excitement, hormonal imbalance, stress factor, urine infection etc beside pregnancy.
Most women ovulate within D11 to D19 of their regular monthly cycle (ovulation occurs 14 days prior to next due date).
You involved in unprotected sex close to your fertile days and currently OFF the pill. Therefore, possible pregnancy should be ruled out in this case.
However early pregnancy test is NOT very significant. You have to await for next coming period and repeat the test if you miss it to confirm the same. One routine urine examination is also advisable.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
Do pregnancy test on 4th March if you miss due date.
Thanks for follow up query.
1) You should undergo one home pregnancy test on 4th March if you miss your next period due date (3rd March).
2) On NEGATIVE test result, you should await for ONE week to get your normal period. If your period DOESN'T come within this time, you may repeat the test on 10th March for confirmation.
Hope it helps for your information. Good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the underlying causes for frequent urination
- What causes nausea vomiting and frequent urination
- What causes frequent urination at bedtime
- What is the cause of weakness and frequent urination
- What is the cause for headaches and frequent urination
- What poison causes frequent urination
- What are the causes of frequent urination at night
- What is the cause and treatment for frequent urination
- What could be the cause of frequent urination
- What are the causes for frequent urination in children