What causes nausea during menstruation?

Dr. Vipul Prajapati

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi. I took Plan B after having unprotected sex.Around rhe time my menstruation was due, i experienced dark blood then light. Cant figure why ive been naueaous.
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 10 minutes later
Hi dear,
it may be sometime during menses such nausea is there.
As your menses is there even light so that is firm that you are not pregnant so do not worry regarding pregnancy.
Thank you
Follow up: Dr. Vipul Prajapati 1 minute later
I did take a pregnancy test one week ago and it was negative
Answered by Dr. Vipul Prajapati 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
So relax and no need to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
Thank you for your query.

Sometimes due to hormonal changes in menses such bleeding is there which may be light or dark.

And your menses is there means you are not pregnant , so be free and enjoy.

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj