What causes nausea, dizziness, drowsiness, bloating and severe back pain?
Thanks for the query to HCM,
As you have missed your periods already by more than 20 days now, it is important to rule out pregnancy first with a urine pregnancy test. if the test is negative then there are various causes due to which menses can get delayed:-
4. Stress induced hormonal imbalances during the cycle.
Once pregnancy is ruled out then an ultrasound pelvis should be undertaken to find out the endometrial thickness and also the hormonal profile .
If the endometrial lining thickness is more than 10mm then you may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins in consultation with your physician for resuming your menses.
If YOUR PREGNANCY TESTS ARE NEGATIVE , then it is not pregnancy for sure.
Also , if this is the first time your menses have been delayed then other causes like hypothyroidism , PCOS or even hyperprolactinemia may be unlikely but this could just be a stress induced hormonal imbalance which can delay menses by delaying progesterone withdrawal. Stress can be physical , emotional or psychological.However you should get the hormonal profile to look for progesterone levels .
If the menses are not resumed in next few days then after a ultrasound pelvis you should opt for a withdrawal bleed with progestins to resume your menses.
Thanks for the query. :)
If you have no further queries then you may close this query and if need be you may contact me directly at :-
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for severe back pain
- What is the remedy for severe back pain
- What is the cause and treatment for severe back pain
- What is the cure for severe back pain
- What causes blood in urine and severe back pain
- Causes of severe back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- Ivf severe back pain
- Medicine for severe back pain
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg