What causes nausea, dizziness and neck pain?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern. It's unfortunate she is feeling unwell during your vacation.
Considering that she had a protracted history of neck pain I believe her symptoms to be related to her neck problems which are commonly associated apart from pain with nausea, dizziness, light-headedness. That is because the proprioceptive sensations from the upper levels of the cervical spine about the head and neck position are an important component of balance maintaining systems. So I don't believe she needs emergency management for that diagnosis, only some rest, anti inflammatory pain killers, muscle relaxants and once back home physical therapy.
Another possibility would be a stroke. That would require emergency management but I consider it less likely given her age and history of previous neck pain. However if there is some new symptom such as double vision or other vision issues, numbness on one half of the face or body, facial asymmetry, lack of coordination, unable to walk unassisted, then a stroke would be a strong possibility and you should head to emergency room. Another reason to have a higher doubt threshold and request an evaluation would be if she has vascular risk factors such as heart conditions, high blood pressure, diabetes or strong family history for stroke.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of neck pain and shivering
- Neck pain caused by cpap
- What causes dizziness and neck pain
- Implanon causes neck pain
- Can neck pain cause dizziness
- What causes rightsided neck pain
- Neck pain caused by snorting
- What causes constant neck pain
- What could be the cause of neck pain
- What can cause neck pain
- What causes vision issues and incoordination inspite of being on...
- What causes swollen artery in neck area along with painful swollen right...
- What causes pain in back of head?
- What causes episodes of temporary dizziness and imbalance while or after...
- Is it safe to vaporize Cannabis one month before a major back surgery?
- Suggest treatment for episodes of amnesia, nausea and severe imbalance
- How permanent a spinal cord contusion can be?
- Does Cocaine increase the risk for stroke?
- What causes headache and neck ache in a patient with head injury?
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion that disturbs sleep due to...