What causes nausea and vomiting in the morning with sensitivity to smell?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I ovulated on July 26 th on August 2nd in the morning I had nausea and vomiting at 8am then for the next 8 days it continues in the morning between 6:30-8 am. It comes on suddenly then after my bathroom visit I feel fine. I also have sensitivity to smells and mild headaches, slight cramping. All the signs of early pregnancy. This morning I was sick. Then my menstruation started. It was 1 day late.

So I am confused if I am pregnant, or am I sick with something else?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Premenstrual syndrome....

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX

What you have experienced is related to hormonal changes prior to menstruation, also called "premenstruation syndrome". That is perfectly normal.

Sometimes, when a woman wants to get pregnant, she gets the feeling of being pregnant every month although she is not. That is perfectly true, if you have been reading about early signs of pregnancy and unconsciously provoking them.

In both cases, psychological state plays a crucial role in getting the symptoms as in your case.

I do not think you are sick with something else as you report to have nausea/vomiting at a particular time (6.30-8.00 am) while bowel problems will occur anytime.

All the best and God bless!
Dr.Albana