What causes nausea and tiredness after having head injury?

Question
I fell down and landed hard but not on my head. I landed so hard that my foot was skinned up in my shoe. I have since had nausea. What could cause this? Also with the nausea comes extreme tiredness. Then I will feel better for a bit. I have also lost my appetite.
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need detailed history

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic .

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

In case of head injury nausea wouldn't be there, so no need to worry about head injury.

Your injury and nausea could be incidental,not related.

I need few more details to help you a better way.
Since how many days you are having nausea?
Is there any history of sweating ?
is your symptoms associated with activity?
Any history of tightness in chest ?
What over the counter medication did you use?

With your symptoms first I would like to rule out cardiac problem with ECG and cardiac enzyme test, which do presents with tiredness and nausea.
Other possibilitie will be gastric problem.

Get back to me with above asked details.

Wish you a good health
Regads

Follow-up: What causes nausea and tiredness after having head injury? 14 minutes later
I have had the nausea for about 4 days. I have also felt a little dizzy a few times but not severe. Pepto-bismol is what I have tried for my stomach. No tightness in chest and no sweating. I also take glyburide and metformin.

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Gastric problem

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for follow up query.

Your symptoms are in more favour of gastric problem, which do responds well for acid reducing medications like pantoprazole 40 mg to be taken 30 min before breakfast for 5 days. Mean while better to get a ECG done