What causes nausea and stomach virus?
please provide more details
please provide more details about your problem. In order to help you provide the useful details, I'll ask some questions but please add any information you consider relevant.
- when did the nausea start?
- do you have any other symptoms?
- did you come into contact with a diseased person?
- do you take any drugs?
- do you have burning pain (including a history of burning pain)?
- pain on the abdomen?
symptomatic treatment should suffice
Since you don't have anything more than nausea, symptomatic treatment can be given. Reglan (metoclopramide) is a potent agent against nausea. The usual dosage is 10mg three times daily. You should take it at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking to avoid vomiting. Zogfran should not be used for this purpose. It's commonly given to patients receiving chemotherapy.
If it gets worse with vomiting and abdominal pain, then a visit to the ER won't be avoided.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Empty stomach nausea cause
- What causes nausea with body aches and stomach infection
- Can a lipomas in stomach cause nausea
- Can stomach ulcers cause nausea
- What causes stomach acheback ache and nausea
- What causes stomach pain with nausea and fatigue
- What causes spotting nausea and tenderness in stomach area
- What causes stomach upset and nausea during masturbation
- What causes nausea diarrhea gas and stomach pain
- What causes nausea stomach pain before pooping