What causes nausea and loss of appetite while on Diovan?

Posted on Wed, 19 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: how frequent is nausea and loss of appetite with diovan?

daily
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
occur in 0.1% to 1% of persons

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

these are not side effects typically associated with diovan. The effects that occur in 10% or more of persons are dizziness and increased BUN (a blood test)

In 1 to 10% of persons-increased potassium, low blood pressure, fatigue, viral infection, fainting, vertigo, abdominal pain

Loss of appetite and nausea occur in approximately 0.1 to 1% ( 1 out of 1000 to 1 out of 100 ) of persons acc . This means that though they are not common, these effect can occur

If you did not experience these before the use of the medication, then it can definitely be the cause of your symptoms

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Dr. Michelle Gibson James