What causes nausea and lightheadedness after teeth removal?

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Wisdom teeth taken out 2 1/2 weeks ago when exercised got light headed pain and nausea? Why?
Answered by Dr. Honey Arora 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs more details..

Detailed Answer:
Hi..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

I have gone through your query and can understand your concern..

As per your complain if there is lightheadedness immediately after wisdom tooth extraction then it can be probably due to sudden lowering of blood pressure..

Other causes that can probably cause lightheadedness and nausea can be dehydration while long hours of being empty stomach or starvation before exercise can be a cause..

But in case if you had the symptoms later on, it can be related to other causes..

Please answer the following questions so that I can guide you better..

1. After how many days did you experience the symptoms?
2. Where was the pain, was it in the extraction area or some other place?
3. Were the symptoms short lived or still persistent?
4. Are you taking any medication or do you have any medical problems?
5. Does it happen always now after you exercise?

Please revert back with answers..

Hope this helps..

Regards..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar