What causes nausea and headache after head injury?

Dr. R.A. Singh

Emergency Medicine Specialist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Head Injuries
Question: My wife fell a week ago and hit her head on concrete bruised her chin and the side of her head hit the concrete. She has a headache behind her eyes with naisea 2 times since. We are wondering what may begoing on these seem to be the only symtoms
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A clinical examination & investigation is needed.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, I would suggest that you should get your wife clinically examined and investigated.

It seems that she might be having concussion injury due to head injury.
A CT/MRI of head is needed for further planning of medical management.

She should take proper rest. Ibuprofen can help in reducing the pain.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Regards. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj