What causes nausea and abdominal pain in an elderly person when diagnosed with jaundice?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in General Health
Question: My 62 year old mom was diagnosed 5 weeks ago with stage 4 pancreatic with lots of liver mets her jaundice is now at 37 it was at 10 2.5 weeks ago she is having alot of nausea and now extreme pain in stomach and back do you know approximate timeline after jaundice sets in ?

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
3-6months

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed your information fully. Am so sorry to hear about what your mom is going through. At this stage, she would probably live for another 3-6months. I understand how difficult this must be for you. I encourage you to be strong and support her through out these very difficult moments.

I wish you the very best. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.