What causes nausea along with pain in the back?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Thu, 10 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have pain on right back around and above waist radiating sometimes to shoulder. Also have very, very subtle feeling of of nausea This is something that I have had before (but without nausea) also feeling of fullness along that side
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The gallbladder can be involved.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
I've gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.

As per your query answers are-
Most likely it can be a gallbladder related pathology.
Gallbladder stone pain is usually radiated to shoulder ( the Characteristic feature of gallbladder associated pain). Do let me know if you had any similar history related to the gallbladder also.

I would suggest you go for these two tests-
X-ray upper abdomen AP and lateral view.
Ultrasound abdomen.

These tests would rule out the involvement of gallbladder and associated organs.
Treatment would be planned accordingly.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Regards!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 days later
It cannot be gall bladder. My gall bladder was removed in 1983. Any other suggestions.
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
In that case it could be acid peptic disorder like gastritis or stone in renal aea.
Suggestion-
Initially an ultrasound abdomen shiuld be done.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad