What causes nausea after switching from Effexor-325 to Brintellix?
to brilltelex 10mg I was on effexor 325 mg should I be Winged off bc I feel very nauseated. .what should I do .I take brilltelex at night this king that might help but still feel nauseated
Brintellix is used for depression and not nausea!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this nausea that you have reported. If Brintellix is not clearly of any additional help in controlling your symptoms, then getting off it might be a possibility. However, I will like to know for how long you have been taking this medication as it often requires some time before any noticeable effects can be observed. Also, this drug is not primarily used for nausea but depression. .
If nausea all started after taking Brintellix and has persisted beyond a week, then I will be in support of changing the medication.
For now, tell me for how long you have been taking it and whether nausea after taking this drug or not. Then, I will return to you with my final thoughts.
I hope to hear from you on this. Until then, I wish you well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea and vomiting after a hysterectomy
- What causes nausea after taking metamucil
- What causes nausea after shower
- What causes burping and nausea after eating
- What causes nausea after alcohol consumption
- What causes nausea after drinking alcohol
- What causes dizziness and nausea after waking up
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes nausea after eating
- What causes nausea after an endoscopy