What causes nausea after having Hydrocodone?
given me everything hecan think of to getridof the nausea andI still have it . I have had an ultrasound and going for a catscan on monday. what is causinf this nauea. Iwasfine before I took thissyrup for my cough.
Hydrocodone component of the syrup known to have side effect of nausea
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Hydrocodone is known to cause the side effect of nausea. It works on certain centers in the brain to stop the urge to cough. It stimulates the nausea by acting on certain parts of the brain.
The first thing that I would suggest is to stop taking this medicine, wait for sometime, and observe if the nausea goes away. Even otherwise, I would suggest not using cough suppressants like this. Rather use expectorants if you have cough.
The next thing would be to talk to your doctor about whether he thinks it necessary to use medicines like Naloxone, Flumazenil and Dantrolene to reverse the effect of opioids including hydrocodone.
Hoping you to get relief soon.
Dr. Kunal Saha
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea after taking metamucil
- What causes nausea after shower
- What causes nausea after alcohol consumption
- What causes dizziness and nausea after waking up
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes nausea after eating
- Nausea after hydrocodone
- What causes itching with hydrocodone
- Hydrocodone causes itching what is an alternative
- What causes nausea after an endoscopy
- Can a combination of magnesium supplement and Atenolol cause dark urine?
- What causes one sided headaches?
- What causes intermittent pain in breasts?
- Suggest treatment for elevated levels of iron, and acid in stomach
- Suggest treatment for headache along with pain on left side of neck
- What causes viral throat infection, bacterial infection of ears, sinuses...
- What does my kidney ultrasound report indicate?
- How to keep blood cholesterol levels under control?
- What causes lumps all over body and numbness in legs?
- What causes pain in left jaw and upper abdomen?