What causes nausea after having Aspirin?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My doctor has subscribed taking 325mg of aspirin daily. About an hour later if feel nauseous and have vertigo. This lasts about two hours and then slowly fades away. I am taking Cartia for irregular heart beat, and I am taking Lorazepam as needed for anxiety. Could the vertigo and upset stomach be from the daily aspirin
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Aspirin effects stomach mucosa

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. Recurrent use of aspirin effects stomach mucosa resulting in maldigestion that ultimately results in getting GI upset. It is usually recommended to take such medication with food or milk to reduce the effect on stomach.

Regarding vertigo i need some details to guide you better:

1. Did vertigo start after taking aspirin?
2. Any previous History of vertigo?
3. is it only associated with aspirin?
4. any history of hearing loss, lack of coordination or weakness?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf