What causes nausea after exposure to paint thinner fumes?
Medical evaluation needed.
Hi and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
Accidental exposure to paint thinner fumes ( most probably Toluene) can cause two main damages:
1. Lung problems from irritating them
2. Neurological problems ( including nausea and vomiting).
Degree of damage caused by Toluene fumes depends on its concentration on inspired air.
Immediate measures to Toluene fumes exposure is good ventilation of the patient ( fresh air).
In my opinion, there is need for a medical evaluation of your husband's status, and arterial blood gas analysis in order to correctly evaluate the intoxication degree.
In mild cases, the condition improves within few days only by rest, good rehidration and room ventilation with fresh air.
Hope this helps. I remain at your disposal for further questions or clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes nausea and vomiting after a hysterectomy
- What causes nausea after taking metamucil
- What causes nausea after shower
- What causes nausea after alcohol consumption
- What causes nausea after drinking alcohol
- What causes dizziness and nausea after waking up
- What causes night sweats and nausea after ovulation
- What causes nausea after eating
- Paint fumes causing nausea vomiting
- What causes nausea after an endoscopy