What causes nasal secreation and post nasal drip after DOT's treatment?

Dr. Praveen G

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Fri, 22 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: if after DOTs treatment completion, patient is still having littel trouble that is nasal secreation n.mucus running and allergic when roaming from cold temp. room to hot weathr and vise versa. Is there any further treatment by which this can be completly treated.
Answered by Dr. Praveen G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes it can be treated by other medicines.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,

Once you have been declared treatment completion under DOTs, means that you have received a full course of treatment and has not become smear positive at the end of the treatment.

So you are not having TB bacilli in your body. The symptoms of nasal secretion and mucus running is may be due to other conditions like infections by virus or bacteria and allergy. I would suggest you to follow

1.Take steam inhalation with Vapocaps
2.Antihistamines like Tab Montek LC, once daily for 15 days.

These measures will help to reduce the symptoms and improve your condition, if the symptoms are not improving you may need lab investigations like CBC and absolute eosinophil count (AEC) to know the exact cause of your symptoms.

Thank you.