What causes nasal bleeding?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Fri, 23 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: How can I stop a bloody nose. I get one every few days? thanks
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Use saline nasal drops to keep nose most.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query, you are suffering from epistaxis.

Trauma to the nose is a very common cause of nosebleeds. Nosebleeds can be caused by trauma to the outside of the nose from a blow to the face, or trauma to the inside of the nose from nose picking. Other causes include exposure to warm, dry air for prolonged periods of time, nasal and sinus infections,

I would suggest you to use saline nasal drops 3-4 times everyday to keep the nose moist, also you can apply petroleum jelly over the inside part of the nose, only at the tip.
I would also advice you to avoid expose to dust and smoke, avoid sleeping directly under the fan, If using AC ensure the temperature is between 27-28 degree Celsius. Drink plenty of water. These are preventive measures.

When it occurs, local application of pressure ie pinching the nose to stop bleeding, should be done.

You should find with the preventive measures suggested.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 31 minutes later
Thank you. Would you believe I started 3 nights ago to spray salient mist into each nostril each evening so that's already being done.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Continue with spray

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Continue with spray and take the preventive measures as suggested.
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 18 hours later
none
Brief Answer:
I didn't get you.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Sorry I didn't get you.