What causes nasal bleeding?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Periodically I see 2 or 3 what appear to be very small blood spots on the towel threads covering my pillow. Does not penetrate the towel fabric..i have a deviated septum, blocked eustchian tubes, non-allergic rhinitis and post nasal drip big time. Take nasal sprays fluticasone, azelestine saline solution and mucinex. Take sprays morning and night before bedtime. What could be the cause of what appears to be blood on the towel covering my pillow?
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may have epistaxis

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.
You have deviated nasal septum with allergic rhinitis. So epistaxis can occur. Don't worry much about that. Just be relaxed. You should go for complete blood count and coagulation profile once to rule out other bleeding cause. If these tests comes normal then nothing to worry. Continue your treatment.
Apply pressure and ice massage if you bleed further.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.