What causes nasal bleeding and rashes on the face?

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Thu, 3 Nov 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I am 27, female and have been in England for several months. I started getting nose bleeds and face rash for the last 3-weeks. No other symptoms
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please meet an immunologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello

There are many causes for nose bleeds like sinus infection or a deviated nasal septum. However in your case you also developed facial rash and this points out to either a hormonal or auto immune problem.

I would suggest you to meet an ent doctor First, he will examine you and find out from where exactly the bleeding is occuring.

I would also suggest that you meet an immunologist to rule out an auto immune disorder. He will order some blood tests to be done on you and guide you further.

Meanwhile during episodes of bleeding you can instill oxymetazoline nasal drops, 2 drops 3to4 times a day in each nostril. This will help stop the bleeding.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng