What causes nasal and chest congestion, headache, watery eyes and fever during pregnancy?
Fever in pregnancy
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
A reading of 100.4ºF (38ºC) or more via a rectal, ear or temporal artery thermometer is considered as fever. The safest drug during pregnancy to counter fever is paracetamol or acetaminophen. Both of these are available OTC. You can take 500 mg tablet up to 4 times a day. Most likely the fever would subside as its low grade. If the fever persists or worsens then you should consult your doctor to examine you for any focus of infection and advise safer antibiotics if needed. Temporal or tympanic thermometer readings can be trusted.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes instant headache with fever
- What causes headache and fever after removal of adenoids
- What causes body aches fever headache and tight chest
- What can cause headache with dizziness and fever
- What causes headache with nausea without fever
- Low fever with nasal congestion and headache
- What can cause wet nose with fever and headache
- What causes low grade fever headache and nausea
- What cause a low grade fever and headache for a week
- Watery eyes and fever with headache