What causes my blood pressure to fluctuate from high to low while averaging at 143/80?
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your blood pressure values are slightly above the normal ranges, indicating stage I arterial hypertension, especially based on your average values.
Coming to this point, I would first recommend performing some tests to investigate for secondary causes of hypertension:
- a resting ECG and cardiac ultrasound
- a chest X ray study
- complete blood count
- blood electrolytes
- thyroid hormone levels
- kidney and liver function tests
- fasting glucose
- blood lipid profile
- PCR, ESR.
I would also recommend trying some natural ways to reduce your blood pressure, before deciding to start any medication:
- reduce maximally salt and caffeine intake
- perform a lot of physical activity (walking, running, Yoga, aerobics, recreational sports, etc.)
- try to lose some pounds if you are overweight
- avoid alcohol and smoking contacts.
If after following the above tips, your blood pressure values still remain high, I would recommend discussing with your doctor on the possibility of starting anti-hypertensive therapy (ARB, a calcium channel blocker, etc.).
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Cause low blood pressure while a sleep
- High blood pressure cause numbness while sleeping
- High/low blood pressure causes
- Dose epilepsy cause high and low blood pressure
- What causes fluctuations in resting blood pressure
- Causes of blood pressure fluctuations
- What could be the cause of fluctuating blood pressure
- What causes hands to go numb while sleeping low blood pressure
- What causes fluctuations in blood pressure levels
- What causes low blood pressure
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?