• question-icon

What causes muscle twitching in legs and imbalance issues?

Posted on Mon, 30 May 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: hello my name is XXXXXXX I'm having a lot of trouble with my legs they do not want to do what I want them to do also they are very wobbly I can feel them but they tingle a lot. My eye sight is not very good it is like looking through distorted glass also my balance is not very good as well. My muscles are twitching and I do not have any control over them and Ireally do not feel very well
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neurological disorders should be considered. Read below.

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your query and understand your concerns.

Baclofen is a drug used to ease muscles spasms and stiffness.

It is necessary first to achieve a correct diagnosis of your condition before starting treatment.

I don't know what was the diagnosis that your Doctor suspected after seeing you, in my opinion there is need for further examination that includes neurological examination and tests such MRI of brain and spinal cord to achieve the correct diagnosis.

Conditions such multiple sclerosis etc. should be considered, regarding to your symptoms.

Discuss with your primary care Doctor about prescription of a Neurologist consult and MRI of the brain and spinal cord.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 9 minutes later
Thank you for your promptness I forgot to tell you that I also have like pins and needles in both hands also I have the tingling feeling in the arms as well I'm virtually in bed all the time at the moment as the tiredness is not pleasant as well
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms most likely related to neurological disorders.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back and thanks for the additional information.

All these symptoms are consistent with neurological disorders such multiple sclerosis.

Get above mentioned examinations to be diagnosed correctly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical