question-icon

What causes muscle spasms in lower back?

Posted on Wed, 20 May 2015
Question: My 7 yr old daughter and this pass hour complaining her back hurts almost like back spasms in her lower back. Should I be concerned ?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Likely a Musculoskeletal pain

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and I understand your concern. Back pain in a seven year old child for hardly an hour is likely a musculoskeletal pain due to extremely active routine of children. Give the kid some ibuprofen syrup and apply some topical NSAIDs creams to help the pain and wait and see. Let her rest for a while. And if the symptoms persists or if the pain is intolerable, seek a paediatrician to rule out other causes of the pain.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan