What causes muscle pain under right scapula and numbness in fingers?
Suggestive of pinched cervical nerve
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms and they are suggestive of a pinched nerve in the cervical (neck) region. This can cause pain in the neck/in between the scapula and below the scapula. The pain may radiate to shoulder, arm, forearm and hand on the same side.
The diagnosis can be confirmed by clinical examination and MRI scan of cervical spine. It is unfortunate that you are unable to meet a specialist soon.
You would benefit from taking pregabalin or gabapentin capsules, which are very effective for nerve-related pain.
Also, physiotherapy with IFT/ultrasound and traction would be helpful.
I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for headachesnosebleeds and muscle pain
- What is the cure for the muscle pains causing sleeplessness
- Muscle pain and numbness in pheochromocytoma
- What causes joint and muscle pain in body
- What causes chest muscle pain
- Mold cause muscle pain
- What causes muscle pain in neck and chest
- What causes muscle pain and weakness
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs
- What is causing right upper muscle pain