What causes muscle pain and weakness with tingling sensation in feet?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a number of years ago although I have always denied having it. Lately I have been having trouble with general muscle weakness and pain. I also have been having a lot of burning and tingling in my feet and hands going up into my limbs. It's getting hard top sleep well. Could Tifa be something to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get neurological evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis achieved after other conditions that may cause similar symptoms are excluded by clinical evaluation and tests.

Other conditions that need to be excluded before diagnosin fibromyalgia are hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, and other autoimmune diseases such lupus.

In addition, muscles weakness is not a common symptom or a feature of fibromyalgia.

The answer to your question is yes, this condition needs to be evaluated further in order to find the underlying cause of the symptoms.

In my opinion, conditions such multiple sclerosis and other neurodegenerative disorders should be considered and evaluated further.

It is necessary to consult with a Neurologist and to be examined further.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar