What causes muscle pain after having Niacin?

Question
I took Niacin when I did that Lasermed and I am now have muscle pains in my left arm, sometimes my right arm and my legs, would the niacin cause the side effects? I have never had these pains and I do not have diabetes or any other illnesses.
Posted Sun, 10 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes. Plenty of water. NSAID

Detailed Answer:

I went through the query and understood your concern.

Yes, niacin can cause muscular pain as its side effects. But since it is water soluble the drug will excrete if excess and hence the pain may disappear with time. So drink plenty of water and exercises. Also check for serum calcium and CPK levels to rule out any abnormalities.
For now drink plenty of water and NSAID like aceclofenac or Ibuprofen will help in reducing pain.

I hope this information helps you and answered your questions.
Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.

Wish you good health and enjoy life.