What causes muscle cramps while on Gabapentin, Pramipexole and Dicyclomine?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have severe muscle cramps-every where. Thumbs, abdomen, neck, back, feet, legs....I also have RLS and I am taking gabapentin, pramipexole, carbidopa-levo. Amlodine for blood pressure, Duloetine for depression, pantoprazole and dicylclomine for stomach issues.
6 days ago in General Health

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be thyroid imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
There are different possible causes for the symptoms that you are experiencing. One of the potential causes is hypothyroidism which is a low level of thyroid hormone. Sometimes, it can be due to dehydration, muscle fatigue or electrolyte abnormalities. It is better to drink sufficient fluid and also see that your intake of electrolytes (sodium, potassium, magnesium ) is sufficient. You can drink Oralyte for this.
Do get your blood tests done in case the symptoms are persistent.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal