What causes muscle cramps at night?
The symptoms are likely to be due to MS
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
Muscle spasms can be an early sign of Multiple sclerosis (MS) and since he already has a family history, he should get himself evaluated by a neurologist. Based on the findings physical and occupational therapy should help in providing relief.
The following links should be helpful for him:
Feel free to write back in case of further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes muscle cramps and spots on legs
- What causes multiple muscle cramps
- Abdominal muscle cramps causes
- What is causing severe leg and hand muscle cramps
- What causes leg muscle cramps at night
- Recurrent muscle cramps causes
- What causes severe muscle cramps with slight fever
- What causes leg muscle cramps
- Muscle cramp causes
- What causes diarrhea followed by severe muscle cramps