What causes muscle aches, sleeplessness and weight gain while on Metoprolol?
Please refer to the detailed answer below
After going through the medical details provided by you I understand your concern for her health and I would like to know few details here.
1. What all blood pressure meds she has tried till date?
2. What's her average blood pressure
3. What's her highest recorded bp
4. Any other medical illness she is suffering from
Kindly provide the details
Dr Bhanu partap
Her highest BP was 180/100 normal BP for her is 150/85.
Other than that she is very healthy.
Do not know the types of BP meds she was on prior to this.
Thanks for the information.
Yes her blood pressure readings are high and this was the reason that she had stroke because hypertension is the most important reason for stroke or CVA.
I think she can try with low dose of Amlodipine which is a very good blood pressure control medicine after 60's. She can start with 2.5 mg Amlodipine and can slowly up tirade the dose weekly this her bp become stable around 140/90 mmhg.
I hope this information will be helpful.
Dr Bhanu partap
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes muscle ache while sneezing
- Penis muscle aches causes
- Muscle aches and pains causes
- What causes fatigue with muscle aches and stff joints
- What causes muscle aches
- Dizzy muscle aches what is that
- Leg muscle ache causes
- Microgynon 30 causes muscle ache
- Deep muscle ache causes
- What causes body chill with muscle aches and nausea