What causes multiple episodes of loss of consciousness after a fall?

Question
My husband fell a week ago and hit his head went to the hospital and could not find any thing wrong. He came home and two days later he passed out three time within an hour. What could be the cause?
Wed, 30 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
arrhythmia?

Detailed Answer:

since both his heart and head were checked it has probably nothing to do with the consequences of the fall, although a repeat CT-scan might detect a subarachnoid hemorrhage that developed later. It may have to do with the cause of the fall though. An arrhythmia for example may cause faintness or dizziness and loss of consciousness (and a fall). If his ECG is still normal then checking for arrhythmia with a 24-hour Holter study sounds reasonable in his case. Other heart related causes can be identified by checking his troponin, electrolytes and a heart-echo.

So in conclusion, if the doctors exclude head-related issues then an arrhythmia sounds like a likely disorder. Arrhythmias can be difficult to diagnose as they may be transient only.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind regards!