What causes multiple black spots in the field of vision?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Thu, 5 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: DOCTOR, WHAT CAUSES MULTIPLE BLACK SSPOTS IN ONE'S VISION FIELD?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most often there is no cause especially when it happens just once!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these black spots that you observed in your visual field. Unless it happens on repeated occasions, a one time observation is often transient and does not require any further investigations and carries no additional risk of eye disease. However, monitor and let's see if it occurs again. Common causes of black spots are small changes called scotoma but we are far from that at this time.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.