What causes mucus in the throat with wheezing?
Possibility of bronchitis is more likely.
By your history and description, possibility of bronchitis is more likely.
Bronchitis is the inflammation of airways. It causes bronchospasm and increases mucus production from glands.
So patient will have a cough with mucus expectoration and wheezing.
So better to consult pulmonologist and get done a clinical examination of the respiratory system and PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
PFT will not only diagnose bronchitis but it will also tell you about the severity of the disease and treatment is based on severity only.
You will mostly improve with inhaled bronchodilators (formoterol or salmeterol).
Oral Mucinex (N acetyl cysteine) is a good drug for bronchitis.
Please let me know if you are an active smoker.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Yes, you should definitely get done PFT.
This is not true. No doctor can differentiate between bronchitis and allergic (asthma) just by listening to lungs through stethoscope.
So better to get done PFT and consult a pulmonologist.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kaushal Bhavsar, Pulmonologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blocked throat wheeze on inhalation cough on exhalation asthma suggestions
- Tightness in throat wheezing coughing
- 102 fever swollen throat wheezing
- What causes wheezing in adults
- Sore throat wheezing
- Morning throat wheezing
- Throat tightness and throat wheezing
- What causes wheezing along with breathlessness
- What causes wheezing breathing sounds
- Sore throat wheeze after quit smoking
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?